Your Computer have to login in AIT network
> Start RUN >> \\anywhere (enter)
Photocopy/Print (A4) Black and White : 0.5 THB/page/side
Photocopy/Print (A4) Color : 5 THB/page/side
Scan and Sent to email: Free
Master Student (4 Semester) : 1000 THB/(4 semesters)
Doctoral Student (6 Semester) : 1500 THB/(6 semesters)
Top up for Photocopy/Print : Pay to AIT Cashier to RSGIS Account: >>> 10 7 003 105 07001 307 9999
>> And Submit to RSGIS Secretary <<
RSGIS Lab Rules
RSL provides computing and network resources only for purposes directly in relation with its mission, i.e. academic and research activities.
- Users are not permitted to use computing and network resources for illegal or unlawful activities.
- Users are not permitted to use computing and network resources for commercial activities.
- Users must not access computing and network resources without proper authentication procedure or intentionally enable other to do so.
- A user account must be used by its owner only. Users are forbidden to communicate their password or otherwise give access to their account or any computing or network resource to third parties.
- Any anomaly discovered in the authentication procedure must be reported to the Lab Supervisor, so that steps can be taken to investigate it and eventually correct it.
- Users must not make any attempt to modify or remove computing/network equipment, software or peripherals they do not own without proper authorization.
Users must not:
- Develop, use or disseminate malicious programs, computer viruses and worms,
- Disrupt the activities of other computers or users,
- Access private data or restricted portions of the computing or networking system,
- Damage the software or hardware components of the system.
The computing and network resources are shared by all users and are of finite capacity. Users must therefore avoid capacity and performance degrading usage of the system. Such usage includes:
- sending of chain-letters or excessive messages, either locally or off-campus,
- using network protocols using an excessive amount of bandwidth
- running grossly inefficient programs when efficient alternatives are known by the user to be available,
- unauthorized modification of system facilities, operating systems, or disk partitions;
- attempting to crash or tie up computing and networking resources,
- damaging or vandalizing computmg and network facilities, equipment, software or computer data.
- Users are allowed to use the computing and network resources only for work purposes. Users should not engage in inappropriate or idle use of the resources nor block their access to other users.
- Users are forbidden to use other accounts than their own.
- Users are forbidden to access files, emails or any form of data not belonging to them.
- Users are forbidden to create and transmit email containing offensive, obscene, indecent, aggressive, menacing, harassing, defamatory, intimidating, unlawful, racist and other unethical messages.
- Users are forbidden to send email that does not correctly identify the sender, attempt to hide or disguise the identity of the sender or attempt to hide or disguise the identity of the computer from which it was sent.
- Users are forbidden to flood the mailbox of other users with numerous or large messages with the intention to paralyze their mail system.
- Users are forbidden to use the email facilities of the Institute for commercial activity.
- Do not send any private or commercial announcement to any mailing list.
- The unofficial mailing lists must only be used to facilitate communications between AIT community members. Every unofficial mailing list must be moderated and no cross posting between them is possible.
- All faculty, staff, students are believed to be a member of their respective mailing lists (starfaculty, starstaff, starstudents) and it is assumed that the announcements made on the lists is heard by all.
Computer client management software in DIP Lab was installed with on administrator authorized. All the users can be install and testing in any application are possible by without damage physical hardware computer. But the roll back software will be clean and refresh to initial state every time to be restart or shutdown machine. The issues that clients have to concern by do not save any processing/homework file on C: drive. Otherwise we are not support to restore data/file and it is not possible on this system.
- No specific computer for the users and users are requested not to put their belongings on the tables for occupying the computers while they are not around.
- Incase Users are requested to install any kind of software permanent on the machine have to asking the permission of lab supervisor and sign the form.
- All disks will be cleaned after the semester/term.
The data stored on the permanent disk (D and/or E) are possible to save user file. But it not safe and can be lost by accidentally/promptly/or delete by other users. RSL takes no responsibility for securing the data in local drives; Users can store their data on local drives at their own risks.
Computer client management software in GIS Lab was installed with on administrator authorized. All the users can be install and testing in any application are possible by without damage physical hardware computer. But the roll back software will be clean and refresh to initial state every time to be restart or shutdown machine. The issues that clients have to concern by do not save any processing/homework file on C: drive. Otherwise we are not support to restore data/file and it is not possible on this system.
- As the lab is access by all (Institute wide) it is planned to use a proxy server for GIS lab to minimize the abuse of Internet from that lab.
- The data stored on the permanent disk (D and/or E) is not safe and can be lost. RSL takes no responsibility for securing the data in local drives. Users can store their data on local drives at their own risks.
- All disks will be cleaned after the semester/term.
Booking of Labs
Users will use the lab booking forms that is available on RSGIS Administrative office. The signature of respective Program Coordinator is required for booking of the forms.
For official courses to be held on GIS lab, the User (Non-RS&GIS faculty member) will take permission from RSL through RS&GIS.
- RSL will charge maintenance fees according to its policy.
- Baht 50,000 (per course/per semester)
- All assistance will be provided to the respective course within our reach.
Access to the STAR Labs
Outsiders are strictly prohibited to use STAR labs.
Users will complete the borrowing form while borrowing some items. Forms can be downloaded from RS&GIS website. The borrowers are advised to book equipment well ahead of the time it is required, by using an Equipment Borrowing Application form.
Official use always takes priority over personal use, therefore a personal booking may be cancelled at short notice by RSL, or the borrower may be asked to return an item early if it is required for official purposes.
For students and project staff, it is required to get the written permission from their advisors.
If the equipment is to be taken overseas, this must be indicated when the booking is being made. RSL will issue an official letter on STAR letterhead paper stating that the member is borrowing the equipment.
Following are the sub domains currently are under RSL domain.
rsl – domain controller: hpserv
Domain admins have the right to configure the policies of their domain. Users or local admins are not allowed to create their own work groups.
RSL allocates dynamic IPs to its clients. For specific cases fix IPs can also be assigned.
Lab supervisor maintains the list of all IPs in the domain. The list cannot be published on this document for security reasons. Contact RSGIS lab supervisor for more details.
Fingerprint Access Laboratory
Fingerprint access is provided to all authenticated users of the DIP lab. This access control is used for entrance to the lab, and is valid until the completion of users’ academic program.
Maintenance record will be prepared and kept up-to-dated on monthly basis, for all the items that RSL will send for repair/maintenance/fixing. If RSL will pay for any item that is over warranty, the copy of the pay receipt will be kept in records as well.
Ricoh Photo Copy and Printing Station support for all RSGIS students use their own quota for printing according to their copies printed. The data will be stored on print manager. Printing cost as following:
- Photocopy/Printing [A4] Black/White = 1 Point
- Photocopy/Printing [A4] Color = 10 Point
- Photocopy/Printing [A3] Black/White = 15 Point
- Photocopy/Printing [A3] Color = 20 Point
- Scan = Free (Send to AIT student email directly)
Extra top up printing quota charged 100 TH Baht per 200 point from FoS, Payment should be made through cashier in the finance of the account number: (10-7-003-105-07001-306-9999) and copy of receipt should be submitted to secretary.
- • Cleaning up of D: and E: drive from DIP and GIS lab.
- • Cleaning up of public folder in ibmserv
If necessary, the disks in DIP lab can also be cleaned.
All software used on any computer must be properly licensed. Users must not infringe on any intellectual property right while using the RSL’s computing and network resources.
Software will be stored for local use in hpserv and Jupiter.List will be prepared containing all software and info about its licenses.
\\ibmserv\public\ is a temporary folder and data is not secured on it. Users can save their files on this folder at their own risk.
- Data will be deleted from ibmserv every semester, with or without any prior notice.
- Course: One ID will be issued for all the students (id=course no.), and no extra space on server will be provided for storing the data.
- Project: Group IDs will be issued and some space will also be assigned to store data on server (according to disk quota policy). The stored data will be deleted after the ending of the course.
XEON 20 Cores/40 Threads ; 32 GB Memory : 9 TB Storage
Reservation period : 1 Week/each student
Online Book for HPC GISLAB: >> https://goo.gl/forms/r69nQhy8KYyTfeAU2
- To access DreamSpark >> http://www.ait.ac.th/
- To Office 365>> http://itserv.ait.ac.th/helpdesk/announce/office365.html
RSGIS provided Hexagon ERDAS Imagery as following:
- ERDAS 2015-2017 version License >> License Call 16.0 ; If some student still want to use it; DO NOT UPGRADE License because it cant not downgrade (By default)
- ERDAS 2018 version>> License Call: 16.5x ; If you want to use: Have to Upgrade!
Activation Key link: https://hexagongeospatial.
Installation Guide: ERDAS_IMAGINE_Installation_Guide
License Activation Guide : installtionERDAS2018_license
RSGIS Request License: https://goo.gl/forms/fNahw1ADJcQgab8k2
RSGIS provided ESRI ARCGIS and ARCPRO licenses as following:
Installation offline Manual: ESRI_ARCGIS10.5_instllation_offline
Installation Guide: ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 Installation Guide (Single Use License O)
Research Budget Spending Condition
Research Budget Spending Condition(Master Students)
RS-GIS will provide research budget for masters and doctoral students on third semester and after proposal exam. The research budget fund by RSGIS-AIT which each student will get 13,500 THB net. By the way, this research budget will consider under AIT policy which supports for students in academic and research purpose only.
Asian Institute of Technology
58 Moo 9,Paholyothin Highway
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120
Tax ID: 0994000241330
Term of Spending Condition
Class A: Field Trip included
All the budget which is spending about field trip field survey are cover on this category as following:
- Entrance Fee
- Technical labor (Request COPY ID Card and Receipt amount)
- Vehicle rental
- Destination trip has to match with Research study area.
Remark: All expense are maximum limited with AIT P&P.
Class B: Report and Stationary
All budget which covers on printing report, map and stationary are covering on this category as following:
- Photocopies/Fax/Print B/W/Color
- Map Plotter
- Stationary equipment
Class C: Technical Equipment
The budget which spending for technical equipment and laboratory charge for field testing are coverage on this path such as following:
– Lab equipment test, e.g., Soil, water, yield weight
– Technical equipment rental (as reasonable: check with standard prices)
– Technical survey fee (as reasonable: confirm with standard prices)
Class D: Electronic/IT device (CAN NOT Reimbursement)
In this categorized is not allow any item can be used as a personal equipment. In case, the student preferable to this categorized for research The students have to return the item to RSGIS-AIT within one week after finished final exam.
The item which declares on this class as following: Any electronic equipment can be use as personal equipment
- Flash Drive
- In/External Hard Drive
- Cost of memory upgrade
- Cost of repairing Computer/Laptop
- Power Extension
Class E: Electronic/IT device (ALLOW with Returned condition)
In case, the students are working on development research and hardware. All the equipment are allowed purchasing under the returned condition. All the equipment have to return to RSGIS-AIT within one week after the final exam. The Equipment which under this condition such as:
– Development Board
– Data Purchase
– Satellite image purchase
– Electronic equipment Cost > 2,000 THB
– Development Tool
- research fund support is not free.
- research fund support must be used just only for you thesis research purposes.
- research fund support must be clear with proper (AIT) receipts.
- any items which can not be clear or not be accepted, student must pay back before graduation.
Information Download / IT/Helpdesk
Link: >> https://guestdb.ait.ac.th/
How to Connect VPN to AIT Network?
Open firewall Request Form >> http://itserv.ait.ac.th/helpdesk/services/form/Firewall_Request.pdf