AT76.9036 Geospatial Modeling for Environment 2 (1-3)
Course Objective : This course aims at providing students with ideas of Geospatial Modeling on environmental issues including sustainable development and ecosystem management from community scale to global, as well as basic practical skills using a package software (TerrSet) to develop geospatial models for the purpose.
Learning Outcomes :
It is expected that students will be able to (during and at the end of this course):
1. Understand the functions of GIS and the procedures for Remote Sensing data analysis for geospatial modeling.
2. Understand the concept of geospatial modeling for environmental issues including sustainable development and ecosystem management.
3. Acquire practical skills for GIS operation and Remote Sensing image processing for geospatial modeling on environmental issues using a software.
4. Acquire practical skills to develop geospatial models for environmental issues using a software.
5. Conduct a mini research project on an environmental issue by developing a geospatial model using a software.
Prerequisite: GIS, Remote Sensing